Sunday, October 11, 2026

Aunt Julie’s Pumpkin Bread

 Must give credit where credit is due! This one is a family recipe, and we are only saving it here to have it handy so we don’t have to ask her for it every fall. 😊



PUMPKIN BREAD

Ingredients
3 1/2C flour (I used King Arthur’s One to One)
2t baking soda
Salt
1t cinnamon 
1t nutmeg
1C canola oil
4 eggs
2/3C water
1 15oz can pumpkin puree 
3C sugar

Sift all dry ingredients into mixing bowl. (I did not have a gluten free sifter, so I measured them into the bowl and then whisked them. It worked fine.) Add all other ingredients and mix well. Spray two pans lightly with pan spray. I cut pieces of parchment paper, placed in the pans, and sprayed those lightly as well, to make taking them out easier. Pour into two loaf pans.

Bake at 350. Test after 70 minutes to see if a toothpick comes out clean. The GF flour seems to need longer in the oven. After baking let sit ten minutes, then remove from pans and let cool completely.

Freezes well. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Aunt Julie’s Pumpkin Bread

 Must give credit where credit is due! This one is a family recipe, and we are only saving it here to have it handy so we don’t have to ask ...