A new stir fry for you!
I haven't been posting much, because I've been trying to lose some weight (down 15 pounds!), and when I'm losing weight, I tend to stick to tried-and-true recipes. Stir fry's are one of my go-to's, though, because they're lean meats cooked with very little oil or fat, the sauces are low calorie and very healthy, and they're chockful of healthy vegetables.
This is a very typical one. Shrimp, broccoli, and water chestnuts were what I used, and it's a tangy brown sauce. Any vegetables would work. Feel free to make swaps!
SHRIMP AND BROCCOLI STIR FRY
Ingredients
1lb shrimp, peeled, tailed, and deveined
Broccoli, I probably used about two pounds of florets
2 cans water chestnuts, drained
(Sliced red peppers would have been good in this too)
Minced Garlic, I probably used 2 cloves worth
1T minced ginger (I buy Spice World already minced)
Sauce
1/3C soy sauce (make sure it's GF if you need that!)
Juice of 1 lime, or about 1/3C lime juice
1T cornstarch
2T brown sugar
Mix your sauce ingredients together in a four-cup measure or small bowl. Whisk or stir well until no lumps remain. Set aside.
Coat a large wok with pan spray. Add shrimp; cook until just pink. Transfer to plate and cover with aluminum foil to keep warm.
Add garlic and ginger to wok. Stir fry your red peppers, if using. Add your broccoli (I always pre-steam mine in the microwave; it's hard to get broccoli done properly in a wok). Add water chestnuts. Stir the sauce in, toss everything together, and heat until the sauce is thickened. Add the shrimp back in and toss until everything is mixed.
Serve hot over rice, if you're not watching the calories!

No comments:
Post a Comment